The “Doamnei” monastery’s wooden church, built in the year 1658 by Lady Safta, the wife of Moldavia Lord Gheorghe Stefan and built on the ruins of old monarchal construction, having the dedication day “Entry in the Church of God’s Mother”; it has been restored in the year 1710 and 1747. On the celebration day, on September 8, it gathers many pilgrims, from the whole region, but is also in tourism, and the access is assured on a road that has been upgraded, at about 1 km from European highway E 578, which crosses the city from the E to V.
Sfantul Ilie Monastery
„Sfantul Ilie” Monastery, built in the year 1847 in the neighboring village, Stanceni and moved on the current settlement, in the year 1910 by Miron Cristea, the first Patriarch of Romania is a monastery of monks, with dedication day “The Holy Prophet llie Tesviteanul”, a category A monument of architecture, which combines Moldavian Orthodox style with the Transylvanian. In the monastery operates a museum, in which elements of Orthodox spirituality of Toplita area were collected, with an important background of icons on wood and on glass, dating from early centuries XVII – XVIII and a library of religious books with thousands of volumes. Due reputation, in the monastery is organized excursion tours; pilgrimages all year, being in tourism, and on the dedication day, on 20 July, gather many believers, for orthodox holiday St. Ilie.
“Saints Mihail and Gavril” Orthodox Church
In 1867, the Orthodox community from Toplita, made up of the majority of the Toplita’s Romanian people – approximately 700 families – founds a new church, and at its foundation he put his signature even Mitropolit of Transylvania, Andrei Saguna.
This would be the future church bearing the dedication day “Saints Mihail and Gavril”. The church, made of stone, was designed by architect Vigilio Giacomuzzi, with dimensions that seemed to be enormous during those times, with two towers, dashing through to the infinite blue of the sky.
The church is a category B monument and it is located in the central area of the city, adjacent to the European road E578.
The Mausoleum – Monument from „Gura Secului”
In the Secu area, on the national highway DN 15, at the exit from the city toward tourism resort Borsec, is located the mausoleum for the heroes who died in World War I, with the remains of 771 Romanian soldiers as well as many unknown soldiers caught in battles in the area. Mausoleum was built on the initiative of the „Cult of Heroes”, in the year 1925. At the annual celebration for Heroes’ Day, participate thousands of people and officials, in order to honor the memory of the heroes who died in the war.